Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ducky Goes to the Vet

This duck pond has lots of furry four legged family members. 3 cats and 2 dogs to be exact. A lot of people in my life also have animals so this one is going out to you.

Let me say first why I am talking about this. A friend Lauren Wisser is a veterinarian in the Livingston county region. She has recently pursued one of her dreams of opening her own practice as a visiting vet. The need for this service makes so much sense to me. Our cat Barley is terrified of leaving the house, Haywagon turns from lover cat to demon spawn when he crosses the threshold of the vet's office, and Case is slow to trust new situations and very skittish. (Patch, however, thinks the vet visit is his time to parade around and visit his old friends) I also don't like rushing home from work to literally run around the house trapping cats to get the animals packed into crates and back out the door again in under 3.5 minutes. It never occurred to me but their routine health care could be delivered in the comfort of my own home while I am in my pajamas.

The other thing that is not fun to talk about is the event of needing emergency veterinarian services. What I can say is that having someone I know I can call that is available in this area is really a relief for me. Lauren is available for routine care and emergency services so her number is up on our fridge. Lauren is also available for phone consultation. Sometimes I freak out when something is wrong with one of the animals and it would help just to talk to someone about it to see if my panic is justified or not. Call her for her rates because I don't remember them exactly I can tell you that they are reasonable and even comparable to vet services at a brick and mortar location. I am so excited our region has this service. The contact info is as follows:

Genesee Valley Visiting Vet PLLC
Lauren Wisser D.V.M.
(585)519-4140
visitingvet@hotmail.com
Web Site Link

No comments: