Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ducky Eats Sushi

One of my favorite sushi restaurants is Shiki http://www.shikirestaurant.com/ My usual order is the vegetable sushi lunch but I have also had the regular sushi lunch too. My favorite individual roll is the crispy roll. All the rawfish I have had there has been very fresh. Shiki also has the best salad dressing and miso soup in my opinion. The restaurant is very small so call for reservations if you are going on a weekend or another hot time. My only criticism is that the restaurant messed up a special order roll that we got for takeout, messed up enough that we couldn't eat it. We live a half an hour away so couldn't go in person to talk to them. We called and asked them to rectify the situation and the owner was not nice on the phone, told us we were out of luck, and hung up on us. We go there a lot so it was disappointing to be treated this way.

Second favorite is Fujiya http://fujiyawebster.com/ I like their crispy roll less than Shiki's but there cheese harumaki is wonderful. Its quickly fried so that its crispy but not greasy and it has a sweet and sour sauce on the side. I do not like Fugiya's salad dressing although mother and brother duck like it very much. My favorite two rolls are more along the lines of bastardized sushi and that's because they are FRIED! But so good. I recommend the Fujiya roll and the fire California. Plan to share the rolls though they are tasty but on the heavy side. This place is good if you like some of the more nontraditional rolls.

No comments: