Saturday, March 15, 2008

Italian Eatery

Date night! I just celebrated a birthday on March 8th. I received a coupon in the mail for a free dinner entree from Bazil http://www.bazilrestaurant.com/ or Mario's http://www.mariosviaabruzzi.com/. The coupon is good for up to $11.00 at Bazils or $16.00 at Marios. (Which is funny because there were no entrees that I saw on the menu that were under $11.00)

I have been to both these restaurants before and we picked Bazil because Mario's is a bit more spendy. They both have online menu's. I was happy that Bazil's had a section on their menu for special diets (Low Carb/Vegetarian/Weight Watchers with nutritional info/Gluten Free). The dinner entrees come with your choice of soup or salad. They have unlimited salad and breadsticks like the OG. I got broiled haddock which comes with coleslaw and steak fries and I chose the minestrone soup. My date ordered Lasagna off the Weight Watchers menu and chose the salad. They very nicely brought the dressing on the side which has been a hassle before at the previously mentioned OG. Minestrone soup was very delicious stocked full of vegetables and pasta. Vegetarians beware that the minestrone has a meat based broth. I had a lot of questions about meal prep and side dishes and the server was very patient and provided good information. The food came quickly, it was pipping hot, and presentation was nice. My date ate my steak fries and reported that they were very delicious. I enjoyed the haddock it was fresh tasting and perfectly done. Our server was very quick on refills and she promptly brought requested items.

Of course, there is always things that pluck my tail feathers. The restaurant is loud. I think it just has poor acoustics. We heard all about a birthday girl about 5 tables away who was hitting the vino. I was amazed that the staff continued to serve her alcohol despite her very obvious inebriation. She got up announced to the table (well the whole restaurant really) that she was going to use the restroom. When she didn't come back her friends started looking for her. She went and drove herself home, obviously very drunk. I have no tolerance for drunk driving so I was disappointed in her and the staff for continuing to serve her alcohol despite her very obvious inebriation.

Overall I give this 3 and a half enthusiastic quacks.

No comments: