Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ducky Did Rohrbach and Tinseltown

Puppy and I had date night and we went to see How to Train Your Dragon at Tinseltown in IMAX 3-D. The movie was great! We both loved it and it was really cool to see it in 3-D. I found the glasses a little uncomfortable but worth it. Afterwords we went to Rohrbach Brewing Company's restaurant. This is our second time at the restaurant and we will definitely be back. This time we went for some of the heavier fare. Puppy got the Nachos which she enjoyed and would order again. She also got the Inner Loop Onion Hoops. These were on the large size and the onion inside was not completely tender so we probably wont order them again. I ordered the Lager Battered Veggies which were awesome! I liked how small the veggies were and I loved the green beans and rutabaga. We would get this again but the portion size was generous so we would get it to share. My absolute favorite of the night was the Brew Spuds. They are potato wedges treated potato skin style. The other highlight of the night was the excellent service at the bar and at our table. This is the one thing that stuck out after both visits.

Finally, the beer, the whole reason this place exists! We got there late in the evening (8pm) and five of the beers were no longer available. I suggest that they have some way to post which beers were out because we (and others) had to keep asking. We got the sampler which is 4 smaller beers. We enjoyed the Vanilla Porter, Saison, Pinstripe Pilsner, and the Scotch Ale. My favorite was the Vanilla Porter and puppy liked the Scotch Ale.

If you go they do call-ahead seating which I recommend for the busy times. People just walking in had a 45-60 minute wait.

No comments: