Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ducky Does Breakfast

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2008. I have been trying a lot of new food products and a new favorite is Kashi Go Lean. I can only eat about 2 tablespoons of it right now but it is very high in both fiber and protein. I like to mix it into my yogurt but I also look forward to having it with my Wegmans Organic Soymilk.

It is available at Amazon subscribe and save for $3.33 a box but you get 6 boxes at a time and free shipping.
Kashi
I also have to plug the subscribe and save program. I signed up to get my vitamin supplements this way and they will automatically send them to my house every 6 months. I get my iron and B12 this way. You have to compare amazon's prices with your local stores but so far I have found Amazon usually wins out as long as your purchase qualifys for free shipping.

Ingredients: Soy Protein, Soy Grits, Corn Bran, Corn, Evaporated Cane Juice, Honey, Whole Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Whole Rye, Whole Hard Red Winter Wheat, Whole Triticale, Whole Buckwheat, Whole Barley, Wheat Bran, Oat Bran, Whey, Sesame Seeds, Salt


Serving size: 1 cup
Calories: 140
Calories from Fat: 10
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat: 1g (2%)
Saturated Fat: 0g (0%)
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg (0%)
Sodium: 85mg (4%)
Potassium: 480mg (14%)
Total Carbohydrate: 30g (10%)
Dietary Fiber: 10g (40%)
Soluble Fiber: 1g
Insoluble Fiber: 9g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 13g (20%)
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 6%
Iron: 10%
Phosphorus: 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.

Kashi at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Kashi-GOLEAN-Cereal-14-1-Ounce-Boxes/dp/B000FNJOO0/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1208097339&sr=1-18

No comments: